June 26, 2022: Here are the hymns we sang on Sunday morning as we publicly worshiped our Sovereign Lord as a church body.
Use them in your devotions. As you read and reflect upon the Scriptures, sing and make melody in your heart to the Lord! And humbly give thanks to God in prayer for His daily mercy and grace to you.
JESUS LOVES ME! #274
And walk in love, as Christ also has loved us and given Himself for us,
an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet-smelling aroma. (Ephesians 5:2)
1. Jesus loves me! This I know, for the Bible tells me so;
little ones to Him belong; they are weak, but He is strong.
Yes, Jesus loves me, yes, Jesus loves me,
yes, Jesus loves me, the Bible tells me so!
2. Jesus loves me! He who died heaven’s gates to open wide!
He will wash away my sin, let His little child come in. [To REFRAIN]
3. Jesus loves me! Loves me still, though I’m very weak and ill;
from His shining throne on high, comes to watch me where I lie. [To REFRAIN]
4. Jesus loves me! He will stay close beside me all the way;
if I love Him, when I die He will take me home on high. [To REFRAIN]
5. Jesus loves me! This I know, as He loved so long ago,
taking children on His knee, saying, “Let them come to Me.” [To REFRAIN]
6. Jesus loves me still today, walking with me on my way,
wanting as a Friend to give, light and love to all who live. [To REFRAIN to end]
LET THY BLOOD IN MERCY POURED #329
The cup of blessing which we bless,
is it not the communion of the blood of Christ? (1 Corinthians 10:16a)
1. Let Thy blood in mercy poured, let Thy gracious Body broken,
be to me, O gracious Lord, of Thy boundless love the token.
Thou didst give Thyself for me, now I give myself to Thee.
2. Thou didst die that I might live; blessed Lord, Thou cam’st to save me;
all that love of God could give Jesus by His sorrows gave me. [To REFRAIN]
3. By the thorns that crowned Thy brow, by the spear wound and the nailing,
by the pain and death, I now claim, O Christ, Thy love unfailing. [To REFRAIN]
4. Wilt thou own the gift I bring? All my penitence I give Thee;
Thou art my exalted King, of Thy matchless love forgive me. [To REFRAIN to end]
DRAW ME NEARER #309
Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith,
having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience
and our bodies washed with pure water. (Hebrews 10:22)
1. I am Thine, O Lord, I have heard Thy voice, and it told Thy love to me;
but I long to rise in the arms of faith, and be closer drawn to Thee.
Draw me nearer, nearer blessed Lord,
to the cross where Thou hast died;
draw me nearer, nearer, nearer blessed Lord,
to Thy precious, bleeding side.
2. Consecrate me now to Thy service, Lord, by the pow’r of grace divine;
let my soul look up with a steadfast hope, and my will be lost in Thine. [To REFRAIN]
3. O, the pure delight of a single hour that before Thy throne I spend,
when I kneel in prayer, and with Thee, my God, I commune as friend with Friend! [To REFRAIN]
4. There are depths of love that I cannot know till I cross the narrow sea;
there are heights of joy that I may not reach till I rest in peace with Thee. [To REFRAIN to end]
SEE THE CONQUEROR MOUNTS IN TRIUMPH #199
Now I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse.
And He who sat on him was called Faithful and True,
and in righteousness He judges and makes war. (Revelation 19:11)
1. See the Conqu’ror mounts in triumph; see the King in royal state,
riding on the clouds, His chariot, to His heav’nly palace gate.
Hark! The choirs of angel voices joyful Al-le-lu-ias sing,
and the portals high are lifted to receive their heav’nly King.
2. Who is this that comes in glory, with the trump of jubilee?
Lord of battles, God of armies, He has gained the victory.
He who on the cross did suffer, He who from the grave arose,
He has vanquished sin and Satan, He by death has spoiled His foes.
3. While He lifts His hands in blessing, He is parted from His friends,
while their eager eyes behold Him, He upon the clouds ascends;
He who walked with God and pleased Him, preaching truth and doom to come,
He, our Enoch, is translated to His everlasting home.
4. He has raised our human nature on the clouds of God’s right hand;
there we sit in heav’nly places, there with Him in glory stand:
Jesus reigns, adored by angels; man with God is on the throne;
mighty Lord, in Thine ascension we by faith behold our own.
5. Glory be to God the Father, glory be to God the Son,
dying, risen, ascending for us, who the heav’nly realm has won;
Glory to the Holy Spirit, to one God in persons Three;
glory both in earth and heaven, glory, endless glory, be.
LIFT HIGH THE CROSS #203 (Afternoon Study)
“And I, if I am lifted up from the earth,
will draw all peoples to Myself.” (John 12:32)
Lift high the cross, the love of Christ proclaim
till all the world adore His sacred name.
1. Come, now and follow where our Savior trod,
our King victorious, Christ the Son of God. [To REFRAIN]
2. Led on their way by this triumphant sign,
the hosts of God in conqu’ring ranks combine. [To REFRAIN]
3. O Lord, once lifted on the glorious tree,
as Thou hast promised, draw the world to Thee. [To REFRAIN]
4. Set up Thy throne, that earth’s despair may cease
beneath the shadow of its healing peace. [To REFRAIN]
5. For Thy blest cross which doth for all atone
creation’s praises rise before Thy throne. [To REFRAIN to end]
Hymns for next week, 07-03-2022: Coming Soon!
Copyright 2022 Grace Bible Community Church