As a church body in affiliation with Village Missions, Grace in Halsey is in agreement with VM’s doctrinal statement as published on their website which lists in summary form the essentials of the faith.
- The supernatural and plenary inspiration of the Scriptures – that they are inerrant and that their teaching and authority are absolute, supreme, final and complete;
- The tri-unity of the Godhead – God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit;
- The personality of God – the personality and deity of Jesus Christ, begotten of the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, very God and very Man; the personality of the Holy Spirit;
- The resurrection of Jesus Christ – that His body was raised from the dead according to the Scriptures, and that He ascended into Heaven and sits at the right hand of God the Father as the believer’s Advocate;
- The sinfulness of man – that all human beings are born with a sinful nature, are totally depraved and need a Savior from sin;
- The atonement of Jesus Christ – that Jesus Christ became the sinner’s atoning sacrifice before God and died as the propitiation for the sins of the whole world;
- The necessity of the new birth – salvation is by grace through faith and not of works; saving faith will maintain good works in the life of the believer;
- The literal resurrection of the body, both of the just and of the unjust;
- The everlasting blessedness of the saved, and the everlasting punishment of the lost;
- The evangelization of the world – the supreme mission of the Church in this age is to preach the gospel to every person;
- The second coming of Christ Jesus according to Scripture.
Formally adopted by current church membership on 2 December 2018, our Church Constitution states a fuller expression of our doctrinal beliefs and can be found here.
To read our Philosophy of Ministry, click here.
Copyright 2020 Grace Bible Community Church